Friday, June 23, 2006

KU News - University mourns Professor Deborah Gerner

Professor "Misty" Gerner was a scholar who earned the respect of her colleagues for her moral and spiritual bearings, her compassionate scholarship on the Middle East and her personal courage. She died on June 19, 2006. She was afflicted for eleven years with a virulent cancer that rampaged through her body, yet she maintained her focus on the compelling human tragedies of Middle East. I was deeply moved by my several several conversations with her, and I was left in awe of the remarkable would who stood in front of me. She was an uncommon person and I suspect that many who knew her better than I were profoundly influenced by their friendship with her. She was snatched from this life far, far too soon.

KU News - University mourns Professor Deborah Gerner

No comments: